Thursday, April 2, 2020

Dreams concur reality

It’s 4am. I was woken up by a disturbing dream. I was driving my husbands new four wheel drive and my son was sitting with me. We were going to the hat head caravan park. It was a little difficult to get to the parking spot but I successfully managed it. When it was time to get out of the parking and drive back home, I noticed the storm water was running vigorously on the unmade road where I had driven in from. I started going on back on the same path but suddenly saw an area where the soil had slipped further down and I anticipated that I would be stuck if I continued. So, I quickly turned the vehicle towards the side instead of continue driving on the path with Stormwater running.
My vehicle tilted and landed on its side. While I was relieved the my vehicle didn’t get eroded by the storm water and I was sitting outside the vehicle, it still wasn’t safe. My leg had come under the vehicle and I was struggling to hold the vehicle from being pushed towards the stormwater due to slippery area the vehicle and I landed in. Now I noticed my husband was sitting by my side. Somehow, in the process my son had come off the vehicle and was standing too close to a vehicle that was one of the many standing still on the unmade path with danger of being eroded anytime soon.
I felt frustrated as I looked at my husband who wasn’t helping in stopping the vehicle being eroded and said to at least remove my child from standing too close to the vehicles and on an unsteady surface that could get washed away any minute.
Next, within the dream, I was woken up from the noise of a white fella riding his bike up and down the hill adjacent to the temple car park. I kept watching as now the temple granthi/ priest was riding his vehicle making the squeaky noise at 1:30am trying to learn how to ride while a bus load of people arrived at the temple to stay the night.
Next, I came back inside the house from the park. I heard the pressure cooker making constant noise. I realised then that I had forgotten about the dhal I had put on while I had been wandering outside. I quickly took the plug off cautiously while trying to let the two dogs go that we’re tied to the same area where the plug for the pressure cooker was. Only one dog had come off while the other just sat there unconcerned of the noises of the pressure cooker.
I was disappointed with myself for I had  overcooked the dhal while my husband had gone outside to rescue someone else’s son and bring him home while they couldn’t do it. I looked at my son who had been sitting in school clothes all this time hearing the pressure cooker noises and was sleepy. I wished my son could have turned the cooker off as he was there but soon scraped that thought knowing that it was beyond his capacity to understand and take such action. I felt sad that he had been sitting neglected while I was outside. I felt frustrated that despite my effort to cook something before he returned from school, I didn’t have any dhal to feed him.  I poured some water on his head and back asking him to have a shower before he goes to sleep for 4 hours to cool down the stress he had been through.
Yesterday was the day of submitting first affidavit to finalise the court case. We have already paid a hefty amount to them for nothing. It’s a money making scandal that we got caught in. Alas, I will have nothing left in my bank as security for my down Syndrome child to live on. I am not in such good health and spirit as I use to be in. Neither is my husband the same man that was young and energetic. What a time to transfer all our hard earned bank balance to a billionaire scandler. I am sorry my child, I couldn’t protect and keep my savings for you.

No comments: